1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stansgang...Dozen.

Discussion in 'The Best of 2019' started by Stansgang, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

I never know which to post as I would post only mono/street which I love to do but for here I will try a varied selection.
    1.Just love how this came together.
    [​IMG]Cafe folk (3) by David Stanley, on Flickr
    2.British Super bikes of which me and Jackie are fans of.Oulton park round.
    [​IMG]P1004438 copy by David Stanley, on Flickr
    3.Street inter action,if I see a shot I fancy I will speak with the subject and ask them to pose.
    [​IMG]Vapour room. by David Stanley, on Flickr
    4.I do love a Demo and getting in there amongst them.
    [​IMG]Climate Strike (4) by David Stanley, on Flickr
    5.A reminder of a nice day out with other family members.
    [​IMG]End of the Day. by David Stanley, on Flickr
    6.I get called on to do Candid shots at family weddings,i don't mind but doing a full wedding isn't easy I know i have seen Oy at work at which he is very good and professional.
    [​IMG]A quick smoke by David Stanley, on Flickr
    7.Back to street which for me is catching something a bit different not just people.
    [​IMG]Vaping. by David Stanley, on Flickr
    8.Not everyone would take a shot like this especially with the scaffolding but i do see things different sometimes that i think is right for togging.
    [​IMG]Scaffolding. by David Stanley, on Flickr
    9.Again not easy to do but the result can be rewarding.
    [​IMG]A Burst of Light by David Stanley, on Flickr
    10.A shot i asked could i take of the artist in her studio,i had to ask as it wasnt in a public place,she said yes and now as a copy print of which she is pleased.
    [​IMG]Jane (2) by David Stanley, on Flickr
    11.The moral of this shot is always always have a camera with you.
    [​IMG]Kentmere valley (3) by David Stanley, on Flickr
    12.Now my favourite,i just love this its unusual as the subjects face is covered but that was what i wanted again i knew this and tapped on the window showed her my camera and she obliged.
    [​IMG]Spirit level by David Stanley, on Flickr
    Thanks to each and every one of you i have enjoyed your work and contributions to this wonderfull site,thanks Oy.
  2. Typical Stansgang fayre, and that’s a good thing. A great set of a productive year for you.

For me, it’s the bike pic.
  3. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Unmistakably your work, your style and your take on the world.

And wonderful for all those reasons: thank you for sharing and your company too.
  4. Great and very Stansgang'ish collection
    Looking forward to many more.
  5. Oy

Oy Seen nowt know nowt. Staff Member

Great set for the year.

Scaffolding pic - looks like Clitheroe. Beltin whisky shop near there :)

As for a fave - has to be the spirit level girl!
  6. An excellent and varied set. As I said at the time, your Quick Smoke pic reminds me of John Deakin's work around Soho, in the fifties and sixties.
  7. What a wonderful and varied set, although I would be happy with just your mono street stuff. If I had to pick a favourite it would be the last one :)
  8. I always enjoy your images, they are so different as you can spot a shot that all others would walk past.
  9. There certainly is a SG style, which I define as excellent street and portrait photography. This set is also blessed with some great colour, sport, action and sunset photos. Superb set for 2019 and looking forward to 2020s selection. I think my goal for 2020 will be to get a BW near to your standard.
  10. Great set for the year
  11. A cracking set. I like your street work. I think the first one is the winner.
  12. Great work Kentmere valley my fav
  13. A great set of varied shots from the year, I remember #1 and it makes me smile each time I see it. #9, 11 and 12 also stand out for me.
  14. This is you at your best. Varied and really good. You are the winner for me and the cheque is in the post at the address you told me :) No11 is frameworthy.
  15. What a fantastic set, my favourite is number 6 the wedding portrait.
  16. really a fun walk through your world! i like all of them.