1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photoshop Elements.

Discussion in 'General chit-chat' started by Sam, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Sam

Sam

Does anyone on here use Elements,I have only ever used CS2 and it stopped working a couple of weeks ago,I have now got Elements 2020 on a 30 day trial,I find it complicated though,on CS2 I could do all I need in a couple of minutes.
  2. I had Elements a number of years ago but could never get on with it then went on to CS6 no longer available which I find very good. All my processing is now done in DXO LAB3 which is excellent, equal or better than lightroom. If you don't want to spend money a good free program is one called " Faststone Image Viewer " you can download it and try, it is basic but it works well. I use it as a handy way to look at a lot of photos that I have just taken, I just insert the camera card and click a slide show to see what I have got, then delete the duds make a new folder and process the ones I want in DXOLAB3 maybe finish with a few tweaks in CS6.
  3. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

I have lightroom 5 and Elements 9 which I have had for several years now, I don't know how the new elements is but I find it suits me as I mainly use it for resizing and a bit of tweaking cloning out, burning, cropping, a bit of unsharpmask if needed, about it really. I got it on disc from ebay about 60quid no monthly fees suit's me being a pensioner and not needing a photoshop programme for pro work. I have a good book on elements which you can borrow if you want. ;)
  4. Sam

Sam

Thanks Colin and Stan,I have been trying Elements and done a few things,but so far I am not keen compared to CS2,but there is a chance I may get it back at the weekend,fingers crossed.
  5. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Good luck sir - and there are other options out there, including free ones.

They stopped CS2 support and the giveaway versions as people's operating systems now no longer run it safety.
  6. Affinity software is getting some very good reviews out there.....so I am told.