1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oy's Dirty Dozen

Discussion in 'The Best of 2019' started by Oy, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Oy

Oy Seen nowt know nowt. Staff Member

Ok here we go with 12 of my favourite shots from 2019.

I initially picked my faves - and there were 41 :erk:

Whitling it down to 12 was, as always, painful.

1. Cotter Force - one of my favourite waterfalls. I liked the way the golden light was showing over the bridge.
    [​IMG]Cotter Force by Dave Green, on Flickr

2. We did two trips to London in 2019 so it's no surpeise that there are a few pix from there. This is the view of the financial district as the sun went down behind me.
    [​IMG]Gherkin, Walkie-Talkie and Cheese Grater by Dave Green, on Flickr

3. And the iconic Baker Street tube station.
    [​IMG]Baker Street by Dave Green, on Flickr

4. Another sunset behind me shot as the shadows work their way up Tower Bridge.
    [​IMG]Sunset at Tower Bridge by Dave Green, on Flickr

5. Another trip up the East Coast gave me a nice shot of Bamburgh Castle - 30 seconds worth.
    [​IMG]30 seconds at Bamburgh Castle by Dave Green, on Flickr

6. The Annual lads trip up to Scotland saw us in and around Wester Ross for 4 nights. This is Loch a' Chroisg - Achnasheen. It's all about that reflection - helped alomg by the sheep family as foreground.
    [​IMG]Loch a' Chroisg by Dave Green, on Flickr

7. The red roofed cottage overlooking Loch Shieldaig at Ardheslaig on the way to Torridon.
    [​IMG]Red roof view by Dave Green, on Flickr

8. Can never resist the Quraing on the beautiful Isle of Skye!
    [​IMG]Quaraing 2 by Dave Green, on Flickr

9. A shot from our second London trip. An iconic view of the British Museum. One that's been on my list for quite a few years!
    [​IMG]The British Museum, London. by Dave Green, on Flickr

10. There had to be at least a couple of trains. This one is from the East Lancs Railway when I forgot to put my camera bag in the car! Shot on my iPhone :)
    [​IMG]BR Standard 2 78018 by Dave Green, on Flickr

11. And a shot with the proper kit (Fuji X-Pro2) of 34092 City of Wells Santa Special approaching Summerseat on the East Lancs Railway.
    [​IMG]City of Wells Santa Special by Dave Green, on Flickr

12. And last but not least - Plover Scar Lighthouse near Lancaster. My first trip out with a group of Landscape toggers that I've made friends with.
    [​IMG]Touchdown! by Dave Green, on Flickr
  2. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Light. There's a lot here about the light.

And skill. But also good times too. It's been fun to watch and share, and indeed be around as some shots were taken. Thank you for the memories, occasional company (not often enough, sorry) and the chance to comment and learn. A terrific selection.

Bamburgh and Baker Street if you must force me to choose.
  3. beautiful all. that last one of the train is magnificent!!
  4. North, South, East and West just about covers everything.
    Great memories and let's hope for a good 2020. I'm looking forward to a very different Scottish bash this year.
  5. I like them all, such a variation it is too difficult to pick a favourite they are all excellent..
  6. Dvorak beat me to it. As I was scrolling down, my first thoughts were about the light in the landscapes. I love the diversity of the subjects too. If I were pushed to choose, then Cotter Force and Bamburgh would get my vote :)
  7. All favorites here Dave. Great photography
  8. Looks like someone was out in all the right places during great light. Super set.
  9. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Another fine year for you mate,some familiar scenes also.The light in No5 is superb and would make a great big print for a wall.
  10. An excellent set. Beautiful light. I do like the Tower bridge shot.
  11. As I have been quiet on here I am seeing these for the first time which is good. You saved the best till last!
  12. You certainly got around during the year, lovely variety of excellent shots.
  13. Oy

Oy Seen nowt know nowt. Staff Member

Thanks for the kind words folks :)
  14. Excellent. Baker street is my favourite
  15. Quality, technique and composition - Oy hallmarks.

Was a good photo year, not a good personal one I know. Hope this year is a little easier and look forward to the pics.

Of the set, it’s the London Town bridge for me, closely followed by the Isle Of Skye on all its glory.
  16. You sir have a good eye for this photography mullarky and may I suggest that you take it up as a full time job :) As per normal, a good, varied mixture brought to us here and thanks.
    For me, No6 is the stand out shot and the sheep make it :)