1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh well, here goes

Discussion in 'The Best of 2019' started by gasman, Jan 28, 2020.

1. As you might have gathered, most of my time is spent trying to get decent shots of wildlife. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I try to get out when I can to try different shots and here are the results.
    1. Grey Heron flying in the rain

[​IMG]
    2. Cumil in Bratislava's old town. He was a sewerage worker and some say that he enjoyed looking up ladies skirts !
    [​IMG]
    3. A female Kingfisher with lunch and weed

[​IMG]
    4. The Mull of Galloway lighthouse
    [​IMG]
    5. Bearded Tits
    [​IMG]
    6.Take that!
    [​IMG]
    7. Barn Owl
    [​IMG]
    8. Taken at Hickling Broad, Norfolk in February whilst searching for raptors. Straight out of the camera, only cropped.
    [​IMG]
    9. Brands Hatch Yamaha
    [​IMG]
    10. Female Brown Hairstreak underwing
    [​IMG]
    11. Romanian Red-footed Falcon
    [​IMG]
    12. Budapest boat bridge window reflection
    [​IMG]
  2. Wonderful set. The birds are superb.
  3. What a wonderful varied set. You've certainly been out and about in the past twelve months. The owl and the kingfisher are superb! I don't think I've seen an image before with TWO bearded tits :)
  4. these are really good! your range of interest is fantastic!
  5. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

It's so good to see lush greens at this dark time of year. A fine reminder of the last twelve months and some treats to recall.

Thanks for being part of the company, for your wit and wisdom and a good collection not just of wildlife but fun observations from far and wide as well.

I'm not a fan of noisy vehicles zooming around but it was photography and this forum that has had me spend more than one enjoyable day at circuits seeing them. For that reason, and the amazing textures, I'll pick the bikers.
  6. A wonderful varied set. Particularly like numbers 1 and 10, and the pic of Hickling Broad gave me PTSD flashbacks, as I remembered losing the dinghy we were towing behind our cruiser, on that stretch of water, in the early '70s. (It turned up in a reed bed.) :)
  7. Cracking set, some absolute stunners in there. A great year for you in the photo sense for sure, with the Kingy and the Heron for me as my faves.
  8. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

The action karate shot is a cracker and the rest are also top draw and subject matter is all to my taste.
  9. Top notch photography.
  10. Oy

Oy Seen nowt know nowt. Staff Member

A lovely varied set :)

Nice Yoko Tobi Geri too :D
  11. A fantastic and as mentioned a really good variety of shots here ... my favourites are the Kingfisher and Brands Hatch Yamaha.
  12. The owl is a corker and I had to look several times at the Budapest shot to work out what the heck was going on. It messes with your brain!
  13. Fab selection of shots for the year, love the variety. The king fisher and owl are brilliant.
  14. These just about cover everything. :clap: