1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foinavon 12 x 19

Discussion in 'The Best of 2019' started by Foinavon, Jan 27, 2020.

1. I wasn't on here much last year so I guess most of you won't have seen these before.

1) This one did get up. Lightopia

[​IMG]Into the Light by Paul Bennett, on Flickr

2) And this! My wife on the set of "World on Fire" taken with an old Zeiss Ikon Nettar which would have been in use at the time.

[​IMG]World On Fire by Paul Bennett, on Flickr

3) The Old Three Crowns pub in Bolton. This one made it into the Bolton News.
    [​IMG]Old Three Crowns by Paul Bennett, on Flickr

4) Torr Head. The closest point of Ireland (in this case Northern Ireland) to Great Britain. That's Scotland you can see across the water. Its taken in an abandoned Coastguard Station.
    [​IMG]Torr Head by Paul Bennett, on Flickr

5) When I go to London my favourite bit is the underground. I could happily spend all day on it! Here's a a rather striking lady.

[​IMG]Girl on the London Underground by Paul Bennett, on Flickr

6) My friend's daughter at a Halloween Party.

[​IMG]Aisling by Paul Bennett, on Flickr

7) The Silver Jubilee Bridge (again!) at Sunset.[​IMG]Wigg Sunset II by Paul Bennett, on Flickr

8) My Smokey Dalek!

[​IMG]Dalek Saucer Commander by Paul Bennett, on Flickr

9) Back to Belfast. I took lots and lots of Mural shots. I chose this one because of the everyday scene of a mum with a pram next to the rather unsettling mural.

[​IMG]Newtonards by Paul Bennett, on Flickr

10) My lad contemplates the view on Arnside Knott.

[​IMG]Knott a good view by Paul Bennett, on Flickr

11) A visitor to my garden. A Froghopper. It did well so see it given the red on red!

[​IMG]Froghopper by Paul Bennett, on Flickr

12) One reason that I have been too busy to come on here this year was that I get lots of requests to photograph charity events. This one was raising money for bereaved children. It was in memory of a chap who sadly passed on due to a heart condition. This is his son having a good time on the night. [​IMG]Vegas Dance by Paul Bennett, on Flickr
  2. Great variety of shots all well taken. :thumbup:
  3. What a wonderful and varied set. It's a shame we haven't seen some of these in here before :)
  4. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

As @Zooey says - we've missed out on these treats.

Thanks for sharing them now as part of the Best of... series (I think we've had most of the regulars now join in, which is excellent).

Keep them coming in 2020 and I hope you can find a moment or three to share the new stuff.

Of course my highlight is the Dalek (and not just as you've got the right details and a really classic 1964 model there) but I like them all, the Northern Ireland ones in particular.
  5. Oy

Oy Seen nowt know nowt. Staff Member

Yep all that ^^^

Good to see you back :D
  6. Lovely stuff - a bit of everything!
  7. We certainly have missed your shots and you have given us some belters to ponder over. Your photography makes you think and that is good. My favourite is No4 - spot on.
  8. Really first class photography that, #3 being my favourite but really hard to choose.
  9. Like the style. All great pictures.
  10. Great set of pics, some good variety and some classic of your stuff.
  11. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

You have a great eye and love your take on togging,also nice to see someone willing to play around with film also.
  12. Excellent set