1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter colour

Discussion in 'Flora & fauna' started by Shirlm, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Took a walk around Wisley Gardens last week, there was very little colour but still enough for me to find some photo ops.

#1 Anthurium
    [​IMG], on Flickr

#2 Daphne
    [​IMG], on Flickr

#3 Some macro fun
    Camellia
    [​IMG], on Flickr

#4 Hibiscus
    [​IMG], on Flickr

#5 Orchid
    [​IMG], on Flickr

[​IMG], on Flickr
  2. Very nice set Shirley. We are a bit far away from any flower pics, a few months anyway.
  3. Nice selection, all are evry good but No6 stands out to me. Good contrast between the yellow and red in a lovely abstract.
  4. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Nice set, but I am going with NO4 make a great canvas print because its different.
  5. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Looks good - and fine results from what was presumably a fairly busy public location with passers-by.

What kit do you take with you? Tripod? Light?
  6. All six excellent, but number 5 just edges it for me. :)
  7. Thanks everyone for the comments, flowers are always my fun shoot :)
    Wisley was the quietest I've ever seen it, not a lot going on in the gardens other than numerous industrious people preparing the plants & beds for spring.
    The place is huge so even when very busy it's possible to use a tripod.
    I used my 60mm macro lens, hand held on this occasion. Only natural lighting.
  8. Thank you for the information. It's years since I last went to Wisley. This is a great set, with number 4 being my favourite :)
  9. Excellent #5 is my choice
  10. Last for me, of a good set.
  11. Thanks Zooey, Delboy and Stanokella for your comments, much appreciated.
  12. These are all nice but something about that first one. Lovely color and detail
  13. What a lovely set, really like the last one :)
  14. Thanks Glenn and Straker, comments appreciated.