1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queen Avenue, Liverpool.

Discussion in 'Digital artwork' started by Hollander, Dec 4, 2019.

1. A couple of tweaked pics of Queen Avenue; that little enclave hidden by the shops and hotels of Castle Street, and Dale Street.
    [​IMG]0001 by Hollander, on Flickr

[​IMG]0002 by Hollander, on Flickr
  2. Of the two I swooned over the first one. That second shot seems to have some sort of artefacting going on in the edges of the buildings on the sky. It unsettles me but that first shot is so powerful. Love it....even if I can still see a little bit of that artifacting....is it actually something that shouldn't be there or a remnant of something slightly out of focus?
  3. Seems to have appeared during the 'tweaking' process, Judge.
  4. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Very earthy, first is my choice, second with the sky cropped out.
  5. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Shot one - powerful and well cooked, but dramatically so.

What was the secret of the mangling..?
  6. Pic taken with an Eos 750d Dvorak, but I uploaded it to my phone, where I used the Snapseed app's HDR-scape tool to both deepen the colour and 'flatten' it a little, removing some of the nuances of light and shade.
    I then transferred pic back to my laptop, converted it to mono, and tweaked the histogram and gamma correction.
    Pic below is Number 1 'mid process'.
    [​IMG]0003 by Hollander, on Flickr
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  7. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

No1 is a nice shot! I'll add the location to my list :)
  8. There are two streets Oy - Queen Avenue and Sweeting Street, both cut off from traffic, and can be accessed through covered alleyways on the corner of Castle Street and Dale Street.
  9. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Cheers :)
  10. No1 is the better of the two - the wet pavement adds to the shot.
  11. I love the wet pavement in the first one too. My personal preference would be to dial back the processing a tad, but it certainly works :)
  12. No.1 makes a great B&W image.
  13. #1 for me. Love the mono, looks like something out of Harry Potter.
  14. Funnily enough Shirlm, I took a friend round these streets a few weeks ago, and she said they reminded her of 'Diagon Alley', from the Potter films.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  15. Liking number 1 b&w and I like the colour HDR