1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World On Fire (and hello again!)

Discussion in 'People' started by Foinavon, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Hi all. Been a while. But here I am. I've had a year off but I come back to say hello and wish you all a Merry Christmas. (So Merry Christmas!) I've done plenty of photography this year (perhaps too much hence why I've been too busy to come on here!) However here is one picture of the year I would like to show you all. I've been really getting into film and Father Christmas has brought me my own home development kit. (Not used yet).

This picture was taken on medium format using an old Zeiss Ikon Nettar which dates from the 1930s. Quite appropriate really because its of my wife and her "other fella". She's a "supporting artist" (ie an extra). This is her filming the recent BBC Drama "World on Fire" which is set in WW2. The old 1930s camera really gives it an authentic look.

[​IMG]World On Fire by Paul Bennett, on Flickr

[​IMG]Nettar by Paul Bennett, on Flickr
  2. It does certainly lend it the required character. Do you need a crane and jib to carry it about?
  3. Wow! Congratulations on everything :)
  4. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

:thumbup:

Welcome back and good to see. Fancy kit FTW.

I've @ you a few things over the summer which I thought you'd be interested in. Not had much togging time either (and only managed one episode of that drama too). Looks like you've plenty to share.