1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victorian Splendour.

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Hollander, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Good to see the wide (although they do need customers!) but more of the detail shots too please.
  2. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Its a beautiful arcade as shown here,pity half the shops are closed.
  3. A couple more. :)
    [​IMG]Sp4 by Hollander, on Flickr

[​IMG]Sp3 by Hollander, on Flickr
  4. A good set indeed and a shame about the shop closures. The first one is a beaut.
  5. Oy

Oy Seen nowt know nowt. Staff Member

Nice - is Red Rum still in there?
  6. Still there Oy. :thumbup:
  7. Nice series of shots. It is more or less the same as the Strand Arcade in Sydney Oz. Were going to demolish it at one stage along with another historical area called The Rocks. but there was such a large protest from the locals that they decided to keep it and renovate the place.
    Now a major shopping attraction in Sydney. Well it was the last time I was there.
  8. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Thanks for responding with more shots @Hollander.

It is helpful to see the wider place and we might have missed out on one of your now famous lighting detail photos. :thumbup:
  9. Lovely building and features, presented well here.
  10. I've been in there once some time ago and had forgotten how beautiful it is, but from the upper level with the beautiful parquet flooring and old stained glass you can easily be transported to 1900, a fantastic set of photos :)
  11. Many thanks for your kind comments, folks. :thumbup:
  12. Just got to be the first one Shame about the shopping in there though. No Dads Guitars now.
  13. That's a wonderful old place and those are some great images. I hate shopping with a vengeance, but it's a shame to see the empty windows...
  14. Excellent shots of some beautiful architecture.
    #1 s my fav, love that floor and even though the shops are empty the lack of clutter and only red and white dresses make for an excellent shot imo.
  15. I love everything Victorian, they were great innovative people and I like Art Deco too, if I had the money I would have all the interior of my house Art Deco style.
  16. Fabulous little arcade but sad to see more and more shop becoming empty, it isn't just in this arcade but Lord Street is having the same problems and recently Beales formally Broadbents is up for sale, they have a entrance in this arcade.
    I was also gutted when Pudding and pies changed hands a few years ago, used to be my favourite cafe in Southport.
  17. Nice shots. The first is my favourite