1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Osprey are back

Discussion in 'Flora & fauna' started by gfitzgerald, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

FAB!

Our Welsh ones are due back soon :)
  2. Thanks. These prob started the nesting in mid Feb and have done quite a bit of nest rebuilding so far and it will continue till tear down as the chicks grow towards leaving the nest. Hopefully they will raise a brood like last year.
  3. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

I wish I could get this close! The nest at DYFI is a good 500m awau from the viewing point, but the live 24/7 HD cameras are fabulous. Definitley gonna go down there for a visit this year!
  4. This is about 50 ft away w/500mm on crop at 765mm. Took some crop and some ff. Speaking of the cameras I need to check those I have a link to at Savannah, Ga on Skidaway Island

Link https://georgiawildlife.com/SavannahBirdCam
  5. Great shots great birds
  6. Thanks jon
  7. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Good stuff. :thumbup:

Really looking forward to the unfolding story again: stunning birds.
  8. Thanks John. Would like to catch them carrying sticks to the nest and be able to catch them snatching a fish out of the water. Be a while before any chicks can be seen.
  9. Great shots of fantastic birds. The last one captures these magnificent creatures perfectly.
  10. A great place to visit and the live streaming starts on 25th March.
    http://www.dyfiospreyproject.com/live-streaming
  11. Thanks. I was glad to see them back at the nest. Maybe another trip over there next week some time and can get a fishing shot.
  12. Fabulous birds and well shot.
  13. Two fantastic shots in there with others that aren't too shabby at all. Who's going to be the first to post a Welsh Golden Eagle then?!
  14. Thanks TA
  15. Thank you.
  16. Brilliant shots of amazing birds Glenn
  17. Thank you Shirley
  18. Great photography that
  19. Thank you Delboy