1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Barbican

Discussion in 'Photo opportunities' started by Zooey, Jan 11, 2020.

1. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in here before, but I spent a few hours in London yesterday and this is the most stunning location. Not ideal in winter because the sun doesn't clear most of the surrounding buildings and I had to chase around the 35 acre site looking for tiny scraps of light.

If anyone has been I would be interested to know how to get in. I spent the best part of twenty minutes trying various delivery and parking entrances in vain, only to get in, but to find the majority of the site was still inaccessible. I walked so far that I am now back on my crutches. I hope it was worth it :)
  2. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

I've seen some stunning photos from there and was at a conference nearby last year and brought some photos (but not of the Barbican itself).

Maybe a Nutter invasion in the next few months if we all pile on trains and converge...?
  3. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

As always - YES!
  4. Be warned that it isn't easy to get to, even if you know the proper entrance. I had to take three tube trains from Charing Cross. There is a huge and bonkers conservatory open only on Sundays :)
  5. Jod

Jod

I was here last week, always go in via one of the high walkways from any street entrance, and that gives you a bird’s eye view of most of the estate, then pick and choose stairs to follow into the central area, and on into the main interiors. It’s a really great place for both architecture and Street togging, and I found the low Winter light especially helpful!
  6. Thank you for this. I eventually got out via one of those walkways :)