1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

South Lakeland view.

Discussion in 'Landscapes and outdoor scenes' started by Stansgang, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

My gang stayed in the South lakes area over New Year for five nights,this is a scene from a walk we did around Kentmere valley.
    [​IMG]Kentmere valley (3) by David Stanley, on Flickr
  2. Really like this, the dominant sky gives it a good sense of minimalism. Its brave to have such little landscape but it works.
  3. Oh, that's lovely :)
  4. What a view, lovely shot.
  5. Oy

Oy Seen nowt know nowt. Staff Member

Nice - love the layers of mist.
  6. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

What a view.

In the nicest sense of the term, this could be anywhere. Well, not three quarters of the planet probably, but a timeless, clear open scene. Just a jet trail to suggest human input.

The light and the mist work so well with ideal control of the exposure on the sun. Excellent.
  7. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

A letter box crop off the fuji X100T which is capable of capturing detail.......in the right hands that is:whistle:thanks for input.
  8. The light and the mist make a great image.
  9. Nice one
  10. Would not of thought that was the lakes with that white thing in the sky :). Lovely shot.
  11. That is a very lovely shot. Just a little mist on the ground makes it even better.
  12. Very well composed shot. The mist is an added bonus and works well.
  13. Superb. Beautifully captured!
  14. As already said, Love those layers
  15. Very nice, the lines of recession make it.
  16. That is first class Stansgang I can see why it was chosen for POTW I also like the layers that separate the hills.
  17. Nice that, its a lesser visited part of Cumbria. A real gem with some good beer near by. :)