1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTW Photo of the Week: 14th January 2018

Discussion in 'Competitions & challenges' started by Dvorak, Jan 14, 2018.

?

I'm voting for...

Poll closed Jan 18, 2018.
  1. 1. Looking Down by DaveinFL

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. 2. Golden Gate by Davep90

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. 3. Dark, Cold New Brighton by Dvorak

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. 4. Budgie on a Stick by Kevin

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. 5. Forgotten Corner by Kevin

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. 6. Juvenile GSW by Kevin

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  7. 7. Splash by Kevin

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  8. 8. Sorrowcow Pond in the Mist by jon_t

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. 9. Treecreeper by jon_t

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  10. 10. A Peak at Bury by Oy

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  11. 11. Heron by Rattyman76

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  12. 12. Spotlight on a Tree by Stansgang

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Congratulations to davep90 - lovely shot :)
    I post here because I like the place and enjoy seeing other peoples photographs, irrespective whether they are taken on a pro camera, or point and shoot. To me, it's the spirit of being part of a forum of like minded folks, that have taken the time and effort in taking some shots, then wanting to share them on here. It's nice to see the occasional old shot that has been re-worked or reincarnated, however, how long ago is too long?
  2. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Well done @davep90

And I hope to see old shots too. And new ones. And ideas and advice about restoring, scanning and digitising.
  3. Well done Dave glad it was my nom :)
  4. Well deserved Dave lovely image. I would just like to add that an image like this is timeless it does not matter if it is five days or years old, it would not be any different. One could return in different seasons and weather and still get a good image all different. So all the talk about it must have been taken in the past week or two is not really relevant, to me anyhow.
    Sorry if this is a bit off subject .
  5. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Not at all. Perhaps best discussed in Chat or over a beer though. :)

Thank you to those who've helped move things along and given us noms for the new poll this week.
  6. I have an attitude at work that goes something like this. "Rules were made for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools." No, obviously I didn't make it up myself and you can judge for yourselves which category I am in.......(To be honest it's probably the fools category but I have been fooling people for years at work where they seem to think I know what I am doing.........)
    Having said all that I do enjoy looking at old shots from years gone by and in particular there have been examples from Zooey showing her trips when in a younger frame of mind. I can see the logic in not being illegible for POTW but I would still like to see them and I have to accept that them that runs the site makes the rules and there is sense in that otherwsie we would just have a free for all. I don't like some rules but I do accept that we need them.
    Mongolia here we come! Next shutternutters trip?