1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Guy From Texas

Discussion in 'Intros & bios' started by DigitalScape, Jan 6, 2018.

1. I recently heard about this forum, and decided to join up. I am located in Texas (a suburb of Dallas) and I generally shoot nature/wildlife (and macro) type images, but I'll wander to other areas/types when the opportunity presents. I am a retired engineer (from the Semiconductor business), and photography keeps me (mostly) out of trouble. I do get to travel a bit - I usually make one trip to Europe a year that includes a visit to England (Manchester area).

I do appreciate all constructive critiques of my images. It only helps me get better.

You can view some of my images on my website: www.DigitalScapePhotography.com
  2. Well hello to you good sir. Always great to get a new member from the colonies.......mind you that is probably not PC or gender neutral these days. SO I will just ask you to start posting and lets see your work please. If you do come to the UK quite a lot of the nutters on here are in the Greater Manchester area. Arrange a meet and we will force warm English beer on you.
  3. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Hi and welcome,we look forward to your posts and hopefully your comments on other members work.
  4. Welcome. Which part of Dallas? I actually travel there almost every week at the moment for work.
  5. Thank you for the welcomes.
    Judge, I'll be sure to see if I can arrange a meet-up in the Manchester area on my next visit (likely to be in the May-June time frame). I am quite fond of English beer, and no forcing needed. A hobby of mine is to make my own beer - the neighbors have been quite pleased with it (much better than the commercial beer).
    Dave, I am located in the suburb of Plano (north of Dallas).
  6. Dave, what part of Florida are you in? I spent my high school years in Satellite Beach (and went to UF for my engineering degree).
  7. I'm in the Palm Beach part of FL. When I am in Dallas I stay close to DFW in the Irving area. Not sure how far Plano is from there but I suspect maybe 30-40 mins. I'll actually be taking my camera there next week, though if it was as cold as it was this week I won't be leaving my hotel...LOL.
  8. Hiya and welcome to nutters. Looking forward to seeing your photos.
  9. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Welcome aboard mate - about time too :)

*I met up with John last year on his Manchester trip. Top chap :)
  10. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

And a warm welcome from me too.

I've looked at some of your work online already and looking forward to seeing more of it and your feedback on here. Enjoy!
  11. Hello there, and welcome.
  12. Welcome
    I've a few customers in Texas and occasionally be in Plano
  13. Deebo, let me know the next tine you are in Plano.
  14. I will do sir
    Cheers
  15. Dee, I am normally in Dallas every week right now too, not Plano though but not that far either :)
  16. Cheers Dave
    I may be there at end of April
    Keep u posted
    Dee
  17. Please do. Right now I do not have any plans to be elsewhere at that time. I am planning on being in Manchester sometime in May, but I do not have anything specific at this time.
  18. Sounds good Dee. As of right now I believe I will be in Dallas the last two weeks of April. The first two weeks of April I will be in England.
  19. We could have a mini shutter nutters pub meet with the 3 of us :)
  20. We'll see what we can figure out when Dee arrives