1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Inner Workings

Discussion in 'Photo processing' started by stanokella, May 16, 2016.

1. On a thread chatting to @Zooey about how we work in PS, I'd said I'd post the layers etc of how I processed in PS, there is a lot of the general stuff done to the pics in LR before the 'shop:

So here we go:

[​IMG]Discworld by stanokella, on Flickr

Here is the source pics, all of which were mine. The other elements, like the stars etc all created in PS.

[​IMG]Discworld source pics by stanokella, on Flickr

And the layers:

[​IMG]

And a straight(er) shot:

[​IMG]New Brighton by stanokella, on Flickr

The layers:

[​IMG]

yes I know spelt "horizon" wrong!
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Blimey! More layers than a battery chikkin farm :)
  3. Jeeeebus ...........
  4. Thank you for this. I'm going to need some time to work it out. When I clean up the babies/do tube removals I can have over 30 adjustment layers underneath (double click the smart object like you said). I do a general dust spot removal, frequency separation using Portraiture and then loads of layers where I've worked on different areas with different brushes. I'll keep the digital skin brushes separate from the dodging, which I keep separate from the burning. At the front, I just stack adjustment layers by type, so Brightness1 under Brightness2. I had never thought of grouping, but then I don't have as many "up front" to get lost. Perhaps I should start naming and grouping - at the very least on the PSB layer/tab/thingy.

I'll have a play with your examples tomorrow. I should be getting some more baby images, so I can try with those :)
  5. Sam

Sam

I understand Latin more than Layers.:)
  6. Like I said....alchemy!