1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Barn Owls x2

Discussion in 'Flora & fauna' started by Straker, Feb 12, 2020.

1. This would have been part of the same post (but I had not processed them at the time) of my Barn Owl image posted last Sunday, its from the same burst of shots just as it was starting to get closer.

The first image had the Owl almost coming straight on, it then slightly turned and came down lower in shot 2 and then the final image from the set was the one posted on Sunday when it was a little closer and lower again just before it turned away completely.

Barn Owl

Barn Owl (Tyto alba) - Canon 1D MkIV - 700mm - 1/1000s - f5.6 - ISO 400

[​IMG]

Barn Owl (Tyto alba) - Canon 1D MkIV - 700mm - 1/1000s - f5.6 - ISO 400

[​IMG]

Thanks Marco

Wildlife & Nature Photography
  2. spectacular! love the look under its wings!!
  3. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

They keep coming! As does the birdie.

...superbly.

Out of interest, how much processing time do you take over each of these?
  4. Stunning!!! Simple as.

@Dvorak shot 1 for POTW.
  5. Thanks Marianne, John and Stan :)

Hi John, I would say longer than I'm used to (I used to be able to process a batch of images in no time at all) but the last time I was processing and posting was a very long time ago so I'm having to re-learn everything over again and this is slowing me down at the moment but I'm remembering old processes and its slowly coming back again :)
  6. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

I think the first one pips it for me.
  7. More winners!
  8. Absolutely stunning! I take ages over my processing and sometimes post at different times :)
  9. YAAAAYYY!! Straker is back and with two crackers.
  10. wow stunning owl shots, as well as the previous thread.
  11. Smart shots
  12. Oy

Oy Seen nowt know nowt. Staff Member

No1 for me - I like the impending power of the downbeat rather then the glide :)
  13. Both great shots and well done. No1 just edges it for the @Oy downbeat and eyes.