1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monarch Flutter By

Discussion in 'Flora & fauna' started by Delboy, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Oy

Oy Seen nowt know nowt. Staff Member

Lovely - it's a very rare migrant here.
  2. Those really a pretty butterfly. Think I have actually only seen 3 ever. Have seen a Viceroy also which looks the same except for a different marking on the wing edges think it is
  3. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

I like how it as colours same as the plant.
  4. ^^ Yes that caught my eye as well. Beautiful capture.
  5. Haven't seen one yet and you have captured it well here.
  6. Thank you all for your comments. They were quite common here but we don't seem to see the numbers like we used to. Might have to start planting some Swan plants again to attract them.
  7. Nice critter, well taken with the light capture box.
  8. Stunning flutterby and nice that it matches the flowers :)
  9. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

I've seen a few in places where you need to pay to go in (and then wait for your kit to demist).

Very nice to see.
  10. A lovely capture, well done.
  11. Thank you Dvorak Zooey & Straker for your comments. If any of you come south and visit NZ, Hamilton City Gardens are a must to see. They have a whole section on gardens from other countries like Chinese, Japanese and the best one in my thinking the Italian. A lot of them are funded by donations by the local ethnic groups. The admission to theses gardens is free though they do have a donation box at the entrance.
    One of our favourites is the Tudor garden, this is the only other existing Tudor garden apart from the one at Hampton Court London.
  12. All the above comments apply. Lovely shot.