1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed bag from the last week of moochin' again

Discussion in 'Flora & fauna' started by jon_t, Feb 7, 2020.

1. A mixed bag from the last week ,nothing great ,mostly big crops ,but you get what you can with birds and wildlife :)

1. Long Tailed Duck 1st Winter Male

[​IMG]Long Tailed Duck - 1st Winter Male by John Tymon, on Flickr

2. Barn Owl at dusk (it was actually after dark) so I was lucky to get it at all

[​IMG]Barn Owl by John Tymon, on Flickr

3. Lunt Meadows Sefton yesterday

[​IMG]Lunt Meadows by John Tymon, on Flickr

4. Moon from Lunt Meadows yesterday

[​IMG]Moon 06.02.2020 by John Tymon, on Flickr

5. Little Egret with Perch

[​IMG]Little Egret with Perch by John Tymon, on Flickr
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  2. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

The water droplets in 1 are ace,you have shown us better Owl shots this is a bit soft maybe due to a tight crop,and the last one is nicely timed.Good detail in the moon,and a nice view of your patch.
  3. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

I've still not been up to that part of Sefton as yet. I do like a clear horizon. Looks a splendid spot.

Excellent duck. But perhaps not so tight on the egret crop would best deliver the goods on that one. The moon is as splendid as they come around those bottom craters. Can you push the contrast and do a bit of NR on the owl?
  4. A nice set. Number 1 is beautifully sharp, and I do like Number 5 as well. :thumbup:
  5. Oy

Oy Seen nowt know nowt. Staff Member

Nice set.
  6. Excellent set, nice light in #3 and sharp focus #1 and #5 has to be my fav, great timing.
  7. That's a cracking set :)
  8. Nice. Think 3 and 5 for me from these
  9. The Long-tailed duck is good and would have been even better if all of it's reflection could have been included. No3 is nice.