1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liverpool Exchange

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Hollander, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

I like detail shots and these round off our remembrance week images nicely.

I don't know if you have a reflector our with you or even a shadows slider but it would be good to bring out some of those shadows a little, especially of the female figure in the second image.
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Nice details - do you have a pic of the whole thing for context?
    Yes the shadow/highlight filter in Photoshop would work wonders here. I'd convert these to mono too.
  3. Monos below. No pic of entire memorial Oy, just snatched these two from a few feet away when passing, with a 50mm Prime.
    Given the shadow a slight tweak, as suggested by yourself and Dvorak.
    [​IMG]lp1609 (1)z by Hollander, on Flickr

[​IMG]lp1609 (2)z by Hollander, on Flickr
  4. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

I do like the nifty fifty prime. :)

Still think there could be more detail in the woman's face to bring out, but it's a choice to leave her in shadow and it makes for the narrative in the image.
  5. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Being a mono fan I actually like the originals,the greens showing the weathering over time and I like how someone as placed the rosery beads around one of the figures.
  6. I like the mono versions, but there is still work to be had on the shadows I think.
  7. well spotted, great detail on the sculptures
  8. The colour for me, the colour adds to the feel of age and sells the story more for me.
  9. Colour all the way please.