1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kingfisher

Discussion in 'Flora & fauna' started by Straker, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Kingfisher

With a Bullhead fish, lucky to get it as the shutter speed dropped.

Kingfisher (male) - Canon 1DMkIV - 500mm - 1/125s - f8 - ISO 400

[​IMG]

Thanks Marco.

Wildlife & Nature Photography
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  2. well that’s a perfect shot!
  3. I agree with Marianne. Absolutely perfect :)
  4. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

That's a cracker :)
  5. Great shot, taken recently or from last Summer? as the fish is positioned for feeding to a young un :)
  6. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

A gem of a shot: nice moment for us expertly captured.
  7. very nice
  8. Thanks for the comments everyone :)

@Jon ... This is a long lost deleted photo from a batch that I put in a folder marked bin from many summers ago none were ever processed due every shot being being under exposed, now I don't know if my PS skills have improved since then or maybe PS itself has improved but I thought lets chuck one into PS for one last look before I delete them all during a clear out and yeah I was really surprised and shocked that after a few clicks it looked it looked like I could retrieve it so I transformed a delete me into an ok little photo, so yeah I did not give any thought as to the observation of the behavior as you pointed out as I was too excited as to how well this rough little image polished up, but yeah I would say its presenting also, I did not notice that when i processed it the other day :)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  9. Thats at stunner and @Dvorak a nom for PoTW.
  10. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Wonderfull,and nice info from Jon-t.