1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kingfisher Posing at Penny

Discussion in 'Flora & fauna' started by jon_t, Aug 10, 2014.

1. 10.08.2014- Pennington Flash. This Kingfisher brightened up a dull wet day at the Flash. As they say he who dares wins, and there was only me in the hide in the rain .Obviously no Sun ,light as dull as dishwater and High Iso,but it was very close, about 20 feet, and stayed on the same post for roughly 10 mins ,not doing a lot :)
    for some reason the compression from flickr seems to spoil the shots a lot, they don't look like this on flickr and on my laptop. I think flickr are playing about at the moment, and landscapes etc seem great but cropped shots and close ups seem to look shocking when linked to flickr to other sites. :(

[​IMG]Kingfisher -Female by John Tymon, on Flickr

hope you like them :)
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Ooooh nice! :clap:

For what it's worth - they look EXACTLY the same for me here as they do on FlickR. :shrug:
  3. They don't to me ,so it must be windows or something the flickr shots look better to me ,but who knows it met be my laptop or the size factor im seeing on my computer never mind :)
  4. They look the same to me too on both. Great shots mate :thumbup:
  5. must be my bloomin eyes ,they are getting worse :)
  6. Super shots ,you were well rewarded ,they look fine to me .
  7. seems after discussion im uploading em to flickr too big and flickr are doing the compression, which is why they don't look as good to me :(
  8. excellent stuff John. I have yet to get close.
  9. stunning shots
  10. Sam

Sam

I always enjoy looking at the Kingfisher,super shots.:thumbup:
  11. Vic

Vic

Never togged one yet...yours look great well done.:thumbup:
  12. Lovely shot mate:thumbup:. Only ever seen a kingfisher once at Penny and the bugger didn't stay long enough for a shot:(
  13. Very nice John. How can I tell it's a female?
  14. The orange on the lower bill ,The Male has a full Black bill :)
  15. I am impressed on the basis that the only one I ever saw at Penny was at zero feet and going like an Exocet missle.....Last one for me is the best of these.
  16. Wow they are a treat to see, well done.
  17. Very good shots and I see the same Flickr and photobucket issues with my images. Always seems the compression softens them.
  18. Thanks John
  19. Stunners!