1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from the State of Maine, USA

Discussion in 'Intros & bios' started by WernerG, Apr 14, 2018.

1. I live in coastal Maine in the heart of lobster and scallop fishing country. Although this part of Maine has been a summer vacation destination for over a 150 years it is still quite rural so I get to shoot quite a variety of scenes; fishing, boating, boat building, coastal landscapes and woodlands.

These days my photography a bit bipolar, I shoot an Olympus m4/3 camera with primes lenses in the mid and wide focal lengths and a Nikon APS-C DSLR that I can't quite let go of yet in the telephoto focal lengths.

Werner
  2. Good to see you here Werner.
  3. Hi Werner
  4. Hello and welcome! :)
  5. Wondering when you were going to show up Werner. You best keep that dslr. :)
  6. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Welcome aboard Werner - good to have you here :)
  7. Great to see you here Werner
  8. Hi Werner, Always nice to see new people here. Look forward to seeing some of your pics the place you live sounds great.
  9. Welcome Werner, good to see you here.
  10. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

New friend!

A warm welcome. Looking forward to hearing what you think of our stuff, and seeing your take on the world as well. :)
  11. Hello there. I spent the summer of 1991 in Maine. As a summer camp worker. Happy days. It was on the shores of Pleasent Lake near the town of Casco. I can remember visiting Step Falls, The Frenchmans Hole, Ogunquit also the place where the George Bush snr lived (he was president at the time), but I can't remember its name!
  12. Casco and Kennebunkport (Bush's summer house) are in southern Maine, we are on the Blue Hill Peninsula, just where the coastline turns more easterly, the start of "Downeast" Maine. Boat building is a big deal here, especially wooden boats, so you will see too many pictures of boats coming from me.