1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLR

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Oy, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Docklands Light Railway at Tower Gateway last week.

NO DRIVER!!! :erk:

[​IMG]
  2. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Too modern. Man cannot live at that speed. Etc.

Realy do love the setting here - could be anywhere at all, nothing obvious on the skyline. Just that odd modern version of the Underground logo to place it.

I am presuming that was through a window, hence the reflection on the right. It adds something to the shot's setting and feel.
  3. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Top right is a big mirror facing into the dead-end station behind me. Presumably so the PSA can see down the train as it gets ready to leave. Odd things these.

"The trains were fully automated, controlled by computer, and had no driver; a Passenger Service Agent (PSA) on each train, originally referred to as a "Train Captain", was responsible for patrolling the train, checking tickets, making announcements and controlling the doors. PSAs could take control of the train in circumstances including equipment failure and emergencies."
  4. Nicely done. We sat in the very front carriage of this once, it was a very uncomfortable experience o_O
  5. I've been on them and like them. Cracking image :)