1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition print - very pleased

Discussion in 'Bragging rights' started by mrelcee, Feb 16, 2017.

1. First, the original photo:

[​IMG]

I had a 28.6x21.4 inch print made of it.. On glass.

The box: (cats for scale)

[​IMG]

Two views of the print: Note I left it in the strapping so I could more safely deliver it. It's a ginormous piece of glass!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the second one if you look closely you can see my reflection taking the picture with my cellphone cam..

I went to an orchid show around this time in 2016 on photographers day when they'll let you haul out any photo gear you want to take pictures of the prize orchids. I noticed a photo competition and that piqued my interest. I inquired and received the info on how to enter and the rules.. I go down next Friday to deliver it. They judge it Saturday and I'll be waiting in suspense until Sunday when I go down again for photographers day.. It's a 160 mile round trip so I don't want to drive it three days in a row. :-/. The nice thing is I can place a price on my print and they'll sell it for me if someone wants it. They also instructed me to bring a big stack of business cards and they'd make sure they got passed out to anyone interested.. They told me it's quite common for people to sell multiple copies of a print to people throughout the weekend. (fingers crossed, daddy needs a new lens!)

I'm kind of hoping this will be some positive exposure for me, and cause some paying jobs. Or print sales.

It's the Greater Lansing Orchid Show held at Michigan State University's botanical gardens. I'll be posting some of my better shots from this year once I've processed them..
  2. is fame (and hard cash) beckoning at last? I do like the picture.
  3. Good luck :)
  4. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Well done and good luck!
  5. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Welcome back and well done.
  6. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Excellent.