1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Birdies

Discussion in 'Flora & fauna' started by gasman, Dec 9, 2019.

1. I am still trying to get used to my new lens and we went out with our local RSPB group to a reserve in North Kent for a test in some challenging light.
    Reports of long-eared owls at this reserve were still doing the rounds, so I ventured back to the car park for a coffee and this little beauty flew passed, then disappeared into the trees.
    By this time, there were quite a few birders there and we managed to locate it.
    [​IMG]

This Kestrel was literally about 40 feet away and kept eyeing me up. The background light was horrid though.
    [​IMG]
  2. First shot is great and you caught the kestrel well despite that horrible lighting.
  3. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

I'm a fan of them both.

Characterful poses as well as good shots.
  4. The owl for me, great shot. I would be inclined to crop a bit off the bottom. the yellow branches are a bit distracting.
  5. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Both nice shots. A square crop on No1 would work for me.
  6. Both superb shots, bad light sort of helps highlight the weather battered feathers on the Kezzy
  7. liking the Long Eared Owl.
  8. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

The Kessy could easily be cut out with that background and placed in any back drop you fancied.Nice to see the Owl shot.
  9. Great sharp eye focus in both.
  10. That Kestrel is fantastic. The owl pic is like my only wild owl pic. At least now you know where it is....
  11. loving the owl
  12. Yes, both are good shots. Liking the Kestrel despite the bad light.
  13. Both beautifully done.
  14. Thanks folks.
    The Kessy could easily be cut out with that background and placed in any back drop you fancied. I don't have PS, could this be done in Lightroom?
  15. You can certainly place the kestrel on a sky coloured background in Photoshop using Nik. (I'm not a fan of inserting alternative skies). Both cracking shots BTW :)
  16. 2 cracking shots ... Don't you just love the eyes on the LEO
  17. Both great shots. We don't control the light, just do the best we can with it and the second has a beautiful bird captured