1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi-Weekly Bi-Weekly No 216 - That's New

Discussion in 'Competitions & challenges' started by Dvorak, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Rhein falls

Taken this place many times but this is the first time I tried to convey the energy of the falls

[​IMG]Rhein falls by Mike Heneghan, on Flickr
  2. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Nearly a dozen entries - thank you!

I will close this poll tonight and judge it quickly afterwards so the winner can get us going for a new one by weekend.

Come on Nutters - post something that's 'new' today and you could win.
  3. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Thank you all, especially if you've not entered before or for a while. I only just realised how much I hate judging these when I risk singling out friends and those who've really made an effort to take images for the poll.

Oy - Peppercorn at Townsend Fold
    A classic view and a wonderful example of the continuing art of steam in a modern 'old' loco.

Stansgang - Model Engineers' New Cup
    Good focus on the mug by a careful crop on the holder's face: it perhaps shouldn't work but it does for me. It's quirky.

Foinavon - Star Trail
    Perhaps not the best background setting but a really impressive show of light and cloud detail.

Stansgang - New name for the record books
    Wonderful expressions, especially from one lady in particular there in the crowd.

Shirl - Brookwood Military Cemetery (2)
    Both are really good views of the architecture and simple, graceful shadows and flowers for us to think on in this poignant setting.

Foinavon - First time using a focus rail
    There's very simple, clear detail on show, and a good result from new toys.

Oy - Fairy Pools, a new location
    ...and a stunning shot with exactly the kind of 'new view' I was after. It's both a wonderful landscape but more importantly for this, a beautiful photograph.

Davep90 - Bens Bear
    One for the 'made me smile' category, very nicely. He's like an old friend that little chap as I've watched him there over the years.

Drei Löwen - Seelisberg
    A gem of an alpine scene, with rich blues and warm greens. Again, a new view just waiting to be discovered and a very nice image of it.

Drei Löwen - Rhein falls

The energy of the falls well captured especially when shown alongside the scale of the visitors.

To pick three (and keep friends) will be impossible to do so and please you all. So I'm sticking my neck out to award these gongs and give them all a place on the homepage:

• Third place: Drei Löwen - Seelisberg
    • Second place: Stansgang - Model Engineers' New Cup
    • First place: Oy - Fairy Pools, a new location
  4. Congrats boss - a good choice.
  5. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

6. FIX!!!!!