1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi-Weekly Bi-Weekly No: 182 - Titles

Discussion in 'Competitions & challenges' started by stanokella, Apr 13, 2016.

1. :rofl:
  2. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Ok edited out the ~original on them so they're back - but at 1024px :(
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  3. Apologies for the late results, but only been using my phone and wasn't right to judge from that. I was looking for well taken and processed pics, and something off the norm. A take on the theme that was clever and well weird!

Managed to get my iPad sorted so here goes:

Black Sabbath by Davep90:
    Excellent homage to the cover, processing spot on and could easily be the original shot used.

Silence of the lambs by Oy:
    Excellent dof, great tones and I love the simplicity of the shot and the refernce to the book/film.

Kiss by Foinavon:
    Nice angle, lovely colour references the song well. I prefer the Welsh version!

The trees by Oy
    Nice shot and mind bending processing. A band that reminds me of Oy and our manic training road trips back in the day!

Or not to be by Dvorak:
    Clever shot, well thought out and executed.

Bad to the future by Dvorak:
    Cracking idea, well shot, composed well. Love the layers of thought and planning with Bach, his back to his future.

All along the watchtower by Davep90
    Nice shot, framed well with the trees and good shadows adding depth.

Crazy town by Drei Lowen:
    Love this song, and it is the best photograph entered in the comp for me.

Stray Cats by Drei Lowen:
    Another excellent shot, of a tough looking pussy.

Boys keep swinging by Foinavon:
    Nice shot, they all look happy and sells the title. Shame it was by someone that who's music I couldn't stand!

And the top 3:

3rd place : silence of the lambs by @Oy
    2nd place: butterfly by @Drei Löwen

1st place: Back to the future by @Dvorak

Cheers guys!
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
  4. Oh dear. My all time musical hero..

Well done to Dvorak :).
  5. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Erk. Noooo! Really?!? I normally and rightly get told off for desktop shots for comps. But I am glad you like it - there were some gems here and it's good to see folk joining in. Thank you.

I will report back on a new theme. This has cheered me up a lot today as a decade of shots on Photobucket look like they need sorting though and moving to a new home after they have moved their goalposts rather too far for me (as we've been discussing).