1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

вокзал?

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Dvorak, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

There's a nice myth that in the 19th century, a Russian delegation came here to see parliament and the brand new "railway". MPs took them to the nearest station at the time, Vauxhall. When the Russians asked what it was called, meaning the type of building, they got the reply 'Vauxhall'. So to this day, 'vokzal' (вокзал) means railway station in Russian.

Anyway, I just wanted to see it as it has an unusual design, so @gasman and I went for a mooch.

[​IMG]
  2. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

Whoo I do like this it's like one of those posters that where painted to advertise travel for holiday destinations.Plain,car,bus and train, excellent shot.
  3. Hello comrade and I am liking this shot :) Nice capture of a somewhat dubious area - I wondered where you went :shrug:
  4. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Love that! Just that :)
  5. Excellent picture and great background story
  6. It is very unusual and very weird....
  7. Ace construction well shot.
  8. Interesting story and a great pic of it.
  9. I see this side-on from the train, great to see it front view. Love the shot, excellent timing with bus & red car
  10. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

They were quite common. The plane was the real bonus (and I was prepared to move it around the shot but didn't need to) - this is all "as is".

Thank you to those who left feedback - it's appreciated. There's something about metallic reds that can really work well in a image, isn't there..?
  11. Excellent image, shows every type of transport except the bicycle but that does not matter.
  12. Thats excellent and different
  13. Yes very different.