1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stanokella And His Cobbled Together Photographic Year

Discussion in 'The Best of 2022' started by stanokella, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Been a poor year for photography, no mojo, computer issues and just a general malaise about life. I managed to get out barely a handful of times, so this is my favourite ten from 2022, together with some poetic licence on images I 'made' in 2022 when I got my new computer.

1:
    First day out, in May - a local wander with the big lens -

[​IMG]BHG by Stan O'Kella, on Flickr

2:
    June, managed to drag out the big tripod:

[​IMG]Dream Catcher by Stan O'Kella, on Flickr

3:
    The next 2 were the same day:

[​IMG]Grey Heron by Stan O'Kella, on Flickr

4:
    [​IMG]Colour Heron by Stan O'Kella, on Flickr

5:
    Managed to win PoTW with this one, and featured on Flickr Explore:

[​IMG]Slow Time Sunset (In Explore) by Stan O'Kella, on Flickr

6:
    Same composition, changing light:

[​IMG]Be Like Water by Stan O'Kella, on Flickr

7:
    [​IMG]Flow by Stan O'Kella, on Flickr

8:
    [​IMG]Movement by Stan O'Kella, on Flickr

9:
    Big tripod time again:

[​IMG]16 by Stan O'Kella, on Flickr

Now for the images 'made' in 2022

10:
    [​IMG]The Collector by Stan O'Kella, on Flickr

11:
    [​IMG]Welcome by Stan O'Kella, on Flickr

12:
    My personal favourite:

[​IMG]Tonight's Catch by Stan O'Kella, on Flickr
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  2. Sorry to hear it was not a great year. You can't tell from the photos. The composites are really imaginative, the big tripod works a treat but that seascape was amazing and fully deserving the accolades.
  3. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Your company is always good and it's a pleasure to see what you can share.

Some of these are so new as to be fresh to my eyes and all of them show off your managing skills and arty efforts. Keep them coming.
  4. For someone that lost his mojo you certainly produce some stunners. My personal favs are 3 and 9 but the home made 10 and 11 have me in awe of you PS skills.
  5. A very nice collection. Let’s hope your new year is better for you in every way and that you’re able to get out a lot! Happy new year!
  6. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Fab set - hope you're Mojo is on the mend!

No4 is super duper!
  7. Sorry to hear about your year and fingers crossed for a far better 2023! I wish that I had the skills to manipulate some shots in PS, however, I shall leave this in your very capable hands.
    It's a fine set that you have presented here and the Grey Heron is a belter. Moreover, your seascape shots are top notch and all deserve to be framed and possibly sold. The light, colours and let's face it, everything about No12 is excellent.
  8. looks like a great set im not the only one then who lost the will ,selling cameras at work every day just makes me not want to bother as much when out birding most times my camera never leaves the bag , must be an age thing.
  9. Brilliant mate
    Loving 5 6 and 7
    Keep them rolling
  10. An excellent, varied set, which shows both your photographic and creative skills to their best advantage.
    Wonderful. :thumbup:
  11. For someone who was feeling down and not getting out a bit like myself you have done very well.
  12. I missed these somehow glad I dipped into the new posts.
    Great set, I do like the last two shots are poles apart but both very good.
  13. An excellent collection of shots. I've not seen the herons before, excellent captures along with all the others.