1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coot

Discussion in 'Flora & fauna' started by Straker, Jan 27, 2020.

1. I think the last time i posted here was around 5 or 6 years ago!

It would have been before the move in 2014 to this new site.

So yeah I kind of fell out of love with photography but thankfully kept my gear although its a little old now but still works.

I bought my camera new in 2010 so its 10 year old technology and I'm slowly starting to realise that a lot has changed over the last 10 years, so yeah maybe a possible upgrade could be on the cards?

Anyway I've been slowly getting back into it again and I had totally forgotten how much I missed being outdoors with my camera, anyway enough waffle and onto my first post which is just simply a Coot!

Coot (Fulica atra) - Canon 1D MkIV - 500mm - f7.1 - 1/400s - ISO 640

[​IMG]

Thanks Marco.

Wildlife & Nature Photography
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  2. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Welcome back sir and thank you for joining in and sending in noms as well. Good to see you.

And as ever, it's not really about the kit. It's about the eye of the photographer. And you've got a good one.

A handsome portrait and a terrific "restart". More!
  3. An absolutely stunning image and it's good to see you posting. My view on old gear is that if it was a great bit of kit back then, it's still just as good today. This from someone who uses a 1940 Leica IIIb with a 1938 lens and a 1980 Olympus OM2n. If there is a specific reason for ugrading... then fine. I can't see a single thing in this photograph to justify an upgrade though ;)
  4. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Great to see you back toggin mate - and this is the quality I remember from you!!!
  5. Outstanding shot
  6. hi there! very nice coot!!
  7. Lovely image!
  8. Gear still does the business. Love to see more like this.
  9. A great shot and glad that you are posting again :)
  10. Fabulous bit of wildlife work, crisp clear and perfectly exposed.
  11. Stansgang

Stansgang Keep it straight!

You have done a good job getting detail out of the feathers.
  12. Welcome back, and a stunner to kick off with. :)
  13. Great shot.
  14. Cracker there :)
  15. Thanks guys, and thank you so much for your kind words for my venture back :)