1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subatomium

Discussion in 'Architecture' started by Drei Löwen, Jul 18, 2015.

1. A closer shot of one of the pods on the Atomium.

[​IMG]
  2. I really like this. The reflections are perfect, as is the sun flare. I like the touch of the stairs in the bottom right hand corner too. Has it been tarted up recently? I don't recall it being that shiny when we visited in the 60s :)
  3. To be honest I do not know a great deal about it. I remember first seeing it on a school trip in the 70s from the motorway and always wanted to go see it. The other week I took my chance only 40 odd years after. In terms of tarting it up I have no idea but obviously I have tried to portray it in its best light. The whole place is worth a visit nowerdays.
  4. I wish I had some photographs taken back then, but there are only my Dad's movies and they are up in the attic with no way to view them. I certainly don't recall it being so shiny. I do remember going up the escalators in the "arms" though. It's lovely to see it again :)
  5. What a great angle on it, really like that a lot.
  6. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Yes - another good, crisp take on it. Thanks for sharing.
  7. Great angle, like that shot!
  8. Very futuristic looking, like that a lot :thumbup:
  9. That's a nice shot.
  10. Well composed! Really like it!
  11. thats really good
  12. Its very good but I'd like to see it in mono.
  13. Good shot Drei but I agree, try it in mono please.
  14. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

Yep - good shot!

Yep - punchy mono would work!
  15. Hmm yeah just had a quick look and it looks even better in mono :thumbup:
  16. Can you share? I am not so keen on mono. I tried a few options but none really floated my boat. I think it is because I have not learnt to appreciate mono as much as most. So I have no feel for what good looks like.
  17. Oy

18. ^^ pretty much that Yeh lol. All I did was look through the silver efex presets and they all looked good!
  19. Oy

I just did a straight basic mono conversion then burned in the blacks a little.

I.e. OyEfex :)
  20. Yep looks good.