1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabin Fever Saviour

Discussion in 'Still life' started by stanokella, May 6, 2015.

1. Whilst laid up with my knee, I have managed to keep my sanity due to one of these and it's connected electronical device. Kept my mind off thinking about careers being over, leaving the job and never being fit again. That together with shutter nutters, that I have been spamming shamelessly with comments and bugging Dv with pic of the week noms. I do have moments looking at peoples stuff and feeling a little jealous and wanting to be out there. So apologies for the morbid waffle, and my shots from in house and in car photography!

But seriously, thanks guys and girls for showing some stunning work that I have been able to enjoy whilst unable to participate.

[​IMG]Dualshock by stanokella, on Flickr
  2. Nice, the good old PS4 :) Sadly, I think I use mine more for watching Netflix than actually playing games! I do play FIFA with my daughter though and am keenly waiting for the Rory McIlroy golf game to come out in the next couple of months :)
  3. Hope your feeling better soon matey. Keep up the great indoor togging.
  4. Never got past the original Nintendo myself... hope you recover soon.
  5. Sam

Sam

These injuries can take a long time,I did my thigh muscle last October,it's loads better now,but for months it did'nt get any better,seconds to do it,a long time to get better.
  6. Keep yer pecker up mate. There is always light at the end of the tunnel and never forget it. As for the BBQ toggin keep it up :)
  7. Dvorak

Dvorak The Horizon Police

Something everyone can do of course (please!). Much appreciated, cheers.

As for the gadget - never used one, I have Monopoly and Cluedo here of course. But whatever it takes sir - get sorted soon and you'll soon be back on full power. :thumbup:

We've 'supported' a few folk through assorted rough times on here over the years. Others more than me, no doubt but as a community we like to do our bit for mates. It's great to know we can help.
  8. Please don't feel sad! With the zoo (and lack of funds), I don't get out at all either. I think everything I've taken so far this year has been indoors, or in our garden or fields :)
  9. Oh dear,what have you had done to your knee?Have you started your recovery exercises yet(presuming youve had surgery),Youll be up and about before you know it but i do feel for you,its not nice.
    Keep your chins up.
  10. Speedy recovery sent your way....
  11. Oy

Oy Master of the lucky shot! Staff Member

All that bonkers stuff we did years ago coming back to haunt?

You'll be reet mate :)

12. Add me on PSN Dave, ID stanokella strangely enough, have you a game of electronically created soccer sometime.

Strange as it is, nothing to do with the years of kicking, throwing, takedowns, heavy slams, getting whacked with sticks, avoiding visually impaired Erwin and the live blade, leg kicks, cartwheels (still the funniest thing I have ever seen Oy doing!), that weird kneeling thing that Ajarn Chai made us do, running up mountains, training in forests and the most dangerous thing running down that path lined with nettles on the way up to Billinge we did.

Nope, this was work although what I did is down to all of the above, as some may know I'm a copper and sometimes when you want to take people to the police station they aren't too keen on it. This particular gentleman wasn't persuaded when he was tasered and I had to go hands on and ended up partially tearing my Anterior Cruciate Ligament in my right knee in the process. Which proceeded to swell up, and the swelling is still there 4 months later and as a result I can't straighten or bend my knee past 80 deg. On strong painkillers so get no sleep and can't drive or walk as it gives way on me and just kinda pops funny when it feels like it.

I'm under a consultant who wanted to see how physio sorted my knee before he would operate, despite the fact that it means that I have less ACL holding my knee together and if I get in a similar situation again in work then it will tear fully, which if it happens mid scuffle I'm in a world of hurt and not just from the knee. NHS will always go for the cheap option first, so the physio in work has told me to get my GP to put pressure on them to go for basically a knee reconstruction. Anything less and I won't be fit for duty, and most likely pensioned off as the job doesn't wanna keep anyone these days who isn't fully operational due to financial constraints.

So add together the fact I'm looking at loosing my job, never being fit again and the associated stress compounded by how I've been treated by work it isn't the best of times at the minute!

But thanks for the support guys and see you around on these here forums!
  13. That totally blows mate :( I hope you are able to get the knee sorted out correctly the first time. Don't see any point in doing something as a temporary message that will make things much worse eventually..it would just be a matter of time in your job. Knees are funny joints so feel for you. Call your GP every day and put that pressure on him/her.

Will add you on PSN when I boot up my PS4 next :thumbup: